Sweets. Yum. I excel in eating that portion of the food pyramid, it’s just a shame that section it so small!!! I pretty much can fill it by the time breakfast is over! (Sugar Smacks are my fav……) This cookie is a must to share. We really enjoyed it and I look forward to making it again. This cookie was just the right amount of chewy.
Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
2 c. chocolate chips
Beat the butter, sugars and vanilla till creamy. Add eggs, beat well. Add the remaining ingredients, stirring in the chocolate chips lastly. Chill. Scoop with a cookie scoop onto a baking pan, bake @ 350º for 9 minutes. (Ovens vary so you may need to bake longer or shorter.) ENJOY!!!
Recipe adapted from Our Daily Bread Cookbook.
Fall means squash to me, well, it also means crunchy leaves, hot chocolate, blankets, hoodies, dark mornings, candles, thankfulness and SO much more…..but back to squash. I am the ONLY one in my family who eats it. Only. TILL this came along. I have a son who eats it with me! High fives all around! Spaghetti squash is a little gem of a veggie. Some use it to replace noodles, I just chose to serve mine over noodles. Probably illegal somewhere, but noodles are up there in yumminess with Sugar Smacks!.
More a method, then a recipe!
- Cut one spaghetti squash in half, scoop out the seeds. Brush cut sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place, cut side down on a baking sheet (with sides), roast @ 400º for about 30 -45 minutes. Flip over and scrap with fork, noodley looking squash strands will appear.
- Fill each half with some cottage cheese or Ricotta cheese, perhaps 3/4 c. or so.
- Spread with your favorite spaghetti sauce, meat or meatless, whatever you love!! I filled level to top of squash.
- Top with mozzarella and some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in oven to warm threw, about 30 minutes should do it.
- Broil to get cheese brown and bubbly. Picture shows not broiled. That genius thought hit me the next time I made this! 😉
- Scoop and serve. Enjoy!
OH!!! YEAH!!!! Thanks to a friend for telling me about Scotcharoo Cookies!!!!! Have you tried these? Yum!