Aldi Sales. March 27 ~ April 2
(See all Special Deals HERE)
Pardon my small break from Aldi posts.
* Ham ~ Prices range from 99¢ – $1.49 per lb.
* Turkey ~ $1.19 per lb.
*EGGS ~ 99¢ each! Crescent Rolls ~ 99¢ each. Cream Cheese ~ 99¢ each.
* BUTTER ~ $1.99 each.
* Jumbo Buttermilk Biscuits or Jumbo Flaky Biscuits ~ $1.29 for 16 oz. container.
* Asparagus ~ $1.49 for 16 oz. pkg. Carrots ~ 49¢ fpr 16 oz. pkg. Green Peppers ~ 3 pack for 99¢.
* Oranges ~ $1.49 for 4 lb. bag. Pineapple ~ $1.49 each.
* Chunky Applesauce, Peach or Strawberry ~ $1.69 each.
* Puffed Corn, Butter or Cheese Flavor ~ $1.29 for 8 oz. bag. Time to make Caramel Puffs??! Yep!
A friend from college used to make this for us all the time. It was our “fancy” dinner. She never ever EVER measured anything and everything always came out so yummy. I treasure my “recipes” from her.
With Easter ham dinner coming up, you MAY be in need for a way to use some leftover ham up. So I thought I should share! Hope you guys enjoy.
Chicken Cordon Blue Casserole
1 1/2 – 2 c. leftover cooked ham
1 1/2 – 2 c. leftover cooked chicken or turkey
2 TB. butter
2 TB. flour
1/2 tsp. chicken bouillon granules
dash of pepper
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. milk
1 1/2 c. cheese (can use Monterey Jack, cheddar, Swiss ~WHATEVER)
box of stuffing mix (maybe 6 oz.?? the add hot water kind)
1/2 c. cheddar cheese (opt.) for topping
Prepare the stuffing according to box directions.
Melt butter, add flour, chicken bouillon and pepper. Whisk till smooth. Slowly add the water and milk and heat till thickened.
Put the ham and chicken or turkey in a 9″ x 13″ pan (greased) ~ or you can use a smaller pan. Pour the sauce over (if using canned cream soup, then thin with a splash of milk). Top with cheese. Top with prepared stuffing. Sprinkle with extra cheese, just cause.
Bake @ 350° for about 40-50 minutes till heated through and top is a bit browned. Serve and enjoy.
(I usually serve with mashed potatoes and a vegetable.)
Thanks Jess for the recipe.