Aldi Special Items for February 27 ~ March 5.(I have listed only a few items that caught my eye, for a complete list go here.)
I really was happy with the ad this week! Lots of things, good things. I hope you find some great finds as well!!!
* Avocados ~ 49¢ each.
* Roma Tomatoes ~ 99¢ each.
* Asparagus ~ $1.99 per 16 oz. pkg.
* Gala Apples ~ 3 lb. bag for $2.49.
* Lemons ~ 1 lb. bag for 99¢.
* Strawberries ~ 99¢ for 1 lb. pkg.
* Tilapia ~ 32 oz. bag for $5.49 OR 16 oz. bag for $3.49.
* Tartar Sauce or Cocktail Sauce ~ 12 oz. for 99¢ each.
* Fresh Chicken Breasts ~ $1.69 per lb.
* Jalapeno Slices or Pepper Rings ~ $1.19 for a 12 oz. jar.
* Mexican Style Corn (Mexicorn) ~ 79¢ for 11 oz. can.
* Chopped Green Chilies ~ 69¢ for 4 oz. can.
* Medium or Mild Salsa ~ $1.69 for a 24 oz. jar.
* Corn Chips (Big Dippers or Chili Cheese) ~ $1.19 for 9.25 oz. bag.
For today’s recipe I am excited to share with you Ranch Chicken with Bacon. BONUS, it cooks in the crock-pot.
This recipe freezes well, if you want to add it to your “Crock Pot Cooking” plan for next time! * Some notes on that.* ~ Just cook the bacon and put in a small Ziplock baggie and attach to the larger Ziplock bag. Add it near the end of the cooking time, so it stays crispy. DO NOT add the sour cream (it does not freeze well), just make a note on your Ziplock bag that you need to have 1 c. of sour cream when you plan on cooking this meal.
My oldest son said “Mom this is actually really good.” 🙂 Let me just say that we had this for dinner one night after 3 ( yes 3) nights of near fail dinners. So, I did not blame him for being nervous about what his mother was going to serve him…….
Ranch Chicken with Bacon ~ Crock Pot Cooking
3 strips of bacon, cooked crispy and drained
1 can cream of chicken soup (I used this)
1 pkg. Ranch Dressing Mix
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 lb. chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 c. sour cream
Set the cooked bacon aside (if you do this early in the day, just pop in the fridge till ready to be added to slow cooker).
Place the chicken in your slow cooker. Mix together the cream soup, dry dressing mix and garlic. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
(If freezing ~ combine the chicken and cream soup mixture in Ziplock bag, attach the bag of bacon. Be sure the write the cooking time and “add 1 c. sour cream after shredding chicken” on the bag.
Shred chicken, put back in your slow cooker and add the sour cream and bacon. Stir, cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or so, till heated through.
Meanwhile, cook your pasta.
Serve chicken mixture over pasta and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from Six Sister’s Stuff. I changed the directions so that you can freeze it for a “make ahead meal”.