ALDI Specials. Feb. 6 ~ Feb. 12.
(MOST certainly NOT a complete list, for a complete check of specials go here!)
* Oranges. 4 lb. for $1.49.
* Gala Apples. 3 lb for $2.49.
* 18 oz. Peanut Butter for $1.99 OR 40 oz. for $4.29.
* Fettuccine and Linguine noodles (16 oz.) for 99¢.
* $1.99 for 12 oz. French Baguette.
* 26 oz. can of Condensed Tomato Soup, $1.29.
* Couscous (Parmesan or Roasted Garlic), 5.8 – 5.9 oz. for $1.49.
* “My” Aldi has had Red Peppers for 49¢ each for the past 2 weeks (not in ad). MAYBE yours does too??? So I wanted to share this FANTASTIC soup that uses 3 red peppers. Yum….
Here is a unique soup, at least it was too me! It was shared with me through an e-mail recipe exchange! That was fun! (ANYONE interested in starting an e-mail recipe exchange??? I THOUGHT it might be a fun way to share some recipes? IF you are, then e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get a group together. Just a casual little thing…….)
My family enjoys this soup a lot!
The original recipe calls for you to cook the rice IN the soup. I choose to cook the rice and soup separately, that way the leftovers still stay soupy and don’t get too thick! (This also works good with other soups ~ chicken noodle, tortillini soups or ones with orzo as well!) IF you would like to cook your rice in your soup, here are the directions ~
* Add 4 more cups of water and 1 c. uncooked long grain rice and simmer 1 hour, uncovered until the rice is tender.
I hope you give this soup a try, it is real good.
Stuffed Sweet Pepper Soup
1 lb. ground beef
4 c. water
4 c. tomato juice
3 red peppers, diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 c. chili sauce
2 tsp. browning sauce, opt.
3 beef bouillon cubes
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 3/4 c. water
2 c. quick cook brown rice
Brown the ground beef, till no longer pink. Drain well.
Combine everything in your soup pot (not the rice) and simmer for 1 1/2 hours or so till veggies are tender. (I simmer with the lid tilted on it, not fully covered, just partially covered.)
(This soup also cooks well in the crock pot, on low for about 4-5 hours, should be good! Cook till veggies are tender, all crock pots cook different, so keep that in mind ~ yours may cook longer or shorter!)
Cook rice. (Bring water to a boil, add rice. Bring back to a boil, cover and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover 5 minutes. Uncover and fluff with fork.)
Serve soup in bowls with a scoop of rice on top.
Recipe received from a fun e-mail recipe exchange. (I really am sorry that I did not write down the ladies name who gave this to me…….) (Reminder. IF someone is interested IN a e-mail recipe exchange e-mail me at email@example.com ~ maybe we can get a group together and do a round of recipe exchange fun!)