Today I am going to take a moment to share some FANTASTIC recipes from some friends of mine. Sorry, you will have to do just a BIT of clicking around BUT you will not be sorry. These girls are great cooks and have some fun delicious recipes to share!! Tell ’em, Bobbi sent you…..OH KIDDING that is nerdy. Just enjoy and let me know if you see anything fun/good/unique….I just might have missed a delicious treasure!! Happy Cooking!!!
Oven – Roasted Ranch Broccoli
Looking for a unique new side dish?? Look no farther than RIGHT here! This recipe comes from Lisa at Cooking Up a Sale, she actually uses cauliflower ~ but I had broccoli on hand, so I went with that! IT was really good. Looking forward to trying it with cauliflower soon!
Italian Sausage Soup with Tortellini
I enjoy soup for many reasons:
- It means COOD weather IS here!!!
- Soup can usually be made early in the day and them simmer the afternoon away OR put the pre-made soup in the fridge till an hour before dinner, then just simmer till heated through. I like to make my meals early in the day.
- Leftovers are fantastic. Not only for my lunch….my husbands as well.
- I can hide veggies LIKE CRAZY in soup and my kids don’t seem to see or taste them….hum…… they just like soup ~ that means that they like the veggies IN the soup! Bonus!!!
- Soup in a good way to stretch a buck, you can EVEN make soup out of your leftovers from another meal…if you are creative!!!
SO. I am happy to share this fantastic soup from Rachael, she shared this recipe with me not to long ago and my mouth was watering. Yum. Check out the recipe here on her blog Blue Skies and Butterflies.
* I did make one change. I had some fresh spinach in my fridge, just begging to be added….so I made a pile of spinach leaves and cut up into strips and added to the soup along with the zucchini. Else I followed her recipe exactly. It was enjoyed by ALL here!!! Hope your family enjoys too!!!
Don’t Forget the Bread!!
Steakhouse Wheat Bread
I enjoy homemade bread for these reasons:
- It is fun to bake. It is handy to use a bread machine.
- Makes the house smell fantastic!!!
- It means cooler weather is here……. (though I still do bake bread in the summer……so maybe this one doesn’t count. But I still like this reason…)
- It is not store-bought bread….ugh…..my leastest of all favorite foods.
- MAKES a fantastic dipper in your soup (if you are into that…..).
* I doubled her recipe. It made one loaf of bread (I baked in my 4″ x 8″ loaf pan) and 7 rolls. (I actually used the rolls as hamburger buns…..cause it was nearly summer one day and winter the next!!!! So we grilled one night and had soup the next!!! Ha. Such unique weather we have had lately!!!!!)