Aldi Ad Fun for Dec. 5 ~ Dec. 11.
(Not a complete list, just some things that JUMPED out at me. For a complete list AND a look at the “Switch & Save” Section look no further than right here!)
* You can get a Turkey for $1.19 per lb.
* Hams range from 99¢ to $1.49 per lb.
*16 oz. fresh Green Beans ~ $1.29
* 4 lb. Navel Oranges ~ $1.99
* 5 lb. Red Potatoes ~ 99¢
* 1 lb. Broccoli ~ 99¢
* 3 lb. Clementines ~ $2.99 ( GREAT for kids, easy to peel and NO seeds!)
* 7 oz. jar of Marshmallow Creme ~ 79¢
* 6 oz. Graham Cracker Crust ~ 99¢
* 12 oz. Chocolate Chips (Semi-Sweet, Milk, White and Butterscotch) ~ $1.29
* 8 oz. Lite or Regular Whipped Topping ~ 89¢
* 32 oz. Egg Nog ~ $1.89
* 32 oz. Chocolate Mint Milk ~ $1.99 (ummmm…..interesting…..)
* 12 oz. Loven’ Fresh French Baguette ~ $1.99
* 12 oz. Loven’ Fresh Sandwich Skinnys (NOT actually in the ad this week) ~ (Sorry, cannot remember the price, I picked a pack up last week while shopping. I had never bought them before, but will AGAIN! I wanted to tell you about them, in case you have seen them and wondered about them too!) See recipes below for a delicious use for these Sandwich Skinnys!
When I was younger I did not enjoy Chicken Salad, but I have since begun to enjoy it. There are SO many varieties and it is fun to try new ones. This is a unique chicken salad, being that it is a bit sweeter then the “normal” (from the Poppy Seed Dressing) and mayo free (unless you add a bit after it is chilled, see recipe below). I am glad I tried it, I will be making it again. If you are looking for a unique recipe, this might just be it!
Chicken Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
2 c. cooked, cut-up chicken
3 green onions, chopped
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. Poppy Seed Dressing
1/2 c. cream cheese (I used about 4 oz.), softened cream cheese
1/4 c. craisins
bread of choice
Combine the chicken, onions and walnuts. Mix together the Poppy Seed Dressing and softened cream cheese. Add to the chicken mixture, stir to coat. Add the craisins. Stir. Chill a few hours. (It might dry up a bit as it chills, I added a spoonful of mayo and a bit more Poppy Seed Dressing.) Serve on tortilla, lettuce leave cups, toasted English Muffins or Sandwich Skinnys (see above note) with lettuce. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Betty Crocker.
Another Fun Recipe Idea!
I will call this An Easy Egg Sandwich, though I am not so sure it IS a recipe…..I made this egg sandwich by using a Sandwich Skinny bread and scrambled eggs that were leftover from another meal.
Open the bread up, put some eggs on, top with cheese (I already had cheese in the eggs, so I did not), feel free to add some meat too IF you want to. Wrap in foil and cook @ 350° for 20 minutes or so, till warmed through. My kids and I enjoyed this for lunch the other day! Enjoy!