Aldi Specials for Nov. 28 ~ Dec. 4(This is not a complete list, for a check at the WHOLE ad, look here.)
* A 4 lb. bag of Oranges is $1.29.
* A 3 lb. bag of Clementines is $2.29
* Grapefruits are 25¢ each.
* A 2 lb. bag of Pears is $1.49.
* An 8 oz. Cheese Block is $1.49.
* An 8 oz. package of Cream Cheese is 99¢.
* An 8 oz. package of Butter is $1.99.
* A 16 oz. package of Frozen Peas is 95¢.
* A 16 oz. package of Frozen Corn is 65¢.
* A 16 oz. package of Frozen Broccoli Cuts is 85¢.
* An 8 oz. package of Boneless Ham Steak is $1.69.
* A 16 oz. package of Summer Sausage is $3.49. (Good with cheese and crackers.)
* Savoritz Wheat Crackers (AKA Wheat Thins) are $1.29 for a 9.1 oz. box. Savoritz Snack Crackers (AKA Ritz) are $1.79 for a 16 oz. box.
* Hot Cocoa Mix is $1.19 for a 10 oz. box. Peppermint Mocha Creamer is $1.49 for a 16 oz. container. Cappuccino (powder that you add hot water to) is $2.29 for a 16 oz. container. Like Eggnog??? Aldi has a 32 oz. container for $1.89.
* Benton’s Candy Cane Sandwich Cremes (Similar to Oreos) are $1.99 for a 15.25 oz. package. Have you made Grasshopper Dessert yet????
* Mini Chocolate Chips are $1.29 for a 12 oz. package. Bittersweet Chocolate Baking Chips are $1.69 for a 11.5 oz. package. Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips are $2.49 for a 10 oz. package (they would be good in these cookies).
* Don’t feel like baking??? Grab a Belmont Candy Cane or French Silk Pie. Just thaw and serve!!! $5.99 for a 24-28 oz. pie.
* Do you have a Keurig?? A 12-count box of Beaumont Single Serve Coffee Cups is $6.99.
* Like to bake cookies during the Christmas Season??? Grab a 10-Piece Cookie Cutter Set for $4.99 or a 3-Tier Cooling Rack for $4.99 . How about a Wilton Cookie Press for $8.99? Maybe you want to bake all your goodies on a Silicone Baking Mat? They are a special right now for $5.99.
* Store your cookies in a One-Gallon Rectange Food Storage Set for $3.49. Store you leftover Christmas Dinner in a piece or two of a Sealtite 60-Piece Food Storage Set, it is $7.99.
* Make your Christmas table beautiful (AND easy to clean!!!) with Holiday Paper Tableware or Holiday Baking Cups (for muffins, cupcakes, etc.) ~ they are 99¢ each. Holiday Print Paper Towels are $1.29 per roll.
*Making a Gingerbread House looks like a fun night of good ol’ fashioned fun!!! Why not grab a kit for $4.99!?
WOW! That was a list! Hope it is helpful to you!
SO if you think I was giddy about Fall/Thanksgiving…..well. BRACE YOURSELVES……I am giddy to the max about Christmas / Decorating / Baking / Snow / Fires / Candles / Carols…..OH I could go on! HOW about you!? What do YOU enjoy about the Christmas Season!?
Now for a recipe. You will need a cream cheese, cheese block and crackers from the above list. I hope you enjoy!
Some Sunday nights we like to have a dip or an appetizer of sorts. I had an abundance of jalapenos, but not really enough to stuff for “poppers” ~ so decided to make a dip instead and serve it warm with crackers. It was cheesy, spicy and delish. I like to put it together on Saturday so it is ready for me when I need it, love the “make ahead” dishes.
* Be sure to use gloves when seeding and chopping your jalapeno, IF you choose not to, because, just cause ~ then PLEASE take out your contacts BEFORE cutting the peppers….let’s just say I am saying this from experience.
* Remember the spice level will depend on how HOT your jalapenos are, sometimes it will be hotter and other times it will be milder, add more or less peppers as needed.
* My friend makes a dip very similar to this, though she added bacon to hers ~ I tried it with about 4 slices of cooked crumbled bacon last time I made it (not in the picture) and it was very good. A nice addition. Keep it in mind.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
1/4 c. finely diced jalapeno
1 c. cheese (I used a cheddar mozzarella blend, either/or would be fine!)
1/4 c. of bread crumbs
Combine the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, peppers and cheese. Spread in a greased 8-9″ pie plate. Top with bread crumbs and bake @425* for about 20 minutes till bubbly and browned around the edges. (Can cook lower and longer, we were hungry and wanted it FAST…) Serve with crackers and enjoy!!