(Note: Give-away closed.)
((If looking for a caramel sauce, try this one, I much prefer it to the one below.))
Some flavors of Fall, don’t have ’em? Make ’em!
I ran out of Pumpkin Pie Spice. I RAN OUT OF PUMPKIN PIE SPICE. Now, this might not be a big deal to you. I however LOVE the stuff. My favorite spice blend. Last year Aldi sold containers of it at a nice price, will they again? I do not know. Do I want to buy an expensive container of it? NO. I went back to my handy-dandy recipe file. Found a recipe I have used before from allrecipes. Tho this time I added cloves. It was great. I just filled my empty Pumpkin Pie Spice jar and now I have some!! Good to go.
* Try it out in Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins!
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
4 TB. cinnamon
4 tsp. nutmeg
4 tsp. ginger
3 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. cloves
Mix together and put in a container, store in your spice cabinet. Use when Pumpkin Pie Spice in called for. Enjoy.
Recipe adapted from allrecipes.
I made a bar a little while ago that called for Caramel Sauce. WELL. Did I have it you wonder? OF COURSE not. Thankful to have THIS wonderful Caramel Sauce that I usually use for ice cream……and guess what?!?!?! I had all the ingredients needed!!! It worked great as a topping on the bars!
* This is great over ice cream, as an apple dip,
by the spoonful, or drizzled over apple crisp or cheesecake ~ it IS delish!!
6 TB. of BUTTER (not margarine!)
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
pinch of salt
1/2 TB. vanilla extract
Bring the butter, brown sugar, heavy whipping cream and salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Boil 3 minutes. Till it is thickened and a nice caramel color. Remember to stir always as sugar burns QUICKLY!
Take off the heat and add the vanilla. Stir, DO NOT taste….yet. ouch. Let cool to warm and serve, or put in fridge for another day. May warm up just a touch for easy drizzling or dipping. Enjoy.
How about a GIVE-AWAY!!!!???
SO…..mostly because I like you guys, I like that you are Favorite Family Food readers, I like to make things, I like to give ~ well, and cause I want to DRAG comments out of you all!!! (heeheee) ~ I wanted to have a give-away! I have seen my friends at Kat’s Kitchen and Cooking Up a Sale do this, I never thought I would BUT this post seemed like a GREAT time to do it!
I have always been thankful for those who “comment”…..some of you do not like to comment, I understand BUT the comment section is not only fun for me, it can be helpful to those who read and wonder “Should I make this? Lets see what others have said!” Let’s turn this comment section in to a “chat” section…..IF only I can change the word to “Let’s Chat!” umm….
Here IS how you play. I am going to throw some ways out there for you to play. NOW you may do one or ALL of them. This means you can enter up to seven times (OR MORE IF you comment on MORE then one old post)!!! Just tell me in the comment section of THIS post WHAT you did~ examples ~ “I commented on _______” or ” I liked on Facebook” or ” I became a follower” etc….. I really AM excited to see who is reading!!!
1. Become a NEW “follower” of Favorite Family Foods ——> , you will see that option to the right of the page and up a bit.
2. NEWLY “Like” Favorite Family Foods on Facebook so you can receive the updates that way!!!
3. Tell a friend about Favorite Family Foods and GET them to “like” it Or “follow” it……tricky!!
4. Comment on some thing you tried. Something that looks good to you. Something you MAKE all the time. Something you made and DID not like. * “Comment” DOES NOT mean you need to get mushy, “oh so good” or “looks great” IT CAN also mean you say something like “I have been making this for years….” or “Made this , did NOT like it” or “made this and changed this” etc. and on and on…….* (You MAY comment on more than one thing….just add a separate comment on THIS page for EACH COMMENT you made on another page, gives you more opportunity to win!!!) MUST BE NEW COMMENTS NOT ONE YOU MADE A DAY OR WEEK AGO (thanks for those too though!!!)
5. Share a recipe that you think others may enjoy. Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. I will try to make it, snap pictures and post it ~ giving you the credit or YOUR source the credit OR leaving it as “a friend shared this with me.” Your choice.
6. Is the Aldi ad day HELPFUL to you???? Any hints to make it better? Should I nix it??? Add to it???
7. Any suggestions to make Favorite Family Foods better??
THE PRIZE you ask??? Well, that is winners choice!!! Either the above caramel sauce OR the above pumpkin pie spice, I will make it and give it to you. Contest ends at noon on Monday Oct. 22, thus giving you PLENTY of time to enter and tell someone else to enter!!!! (hint hint) I will somehow randomly draw a name from all the comments on THIS page sometime on and announce the winner! IF I know you I will get it to you, if I do NOT know you (fun too cause that means the blog is SPREADING!!!) Just send me your address (to email@example.com) and I will mail it to you ASAP!!!
Thanks for playing!!! Seriously!!! 🙂 Have fun! I will!
If this is a hit……I might just do it again SOMETIME!!!!