Imagine my shock and utter excitement when I received an award for my blog! Giddiness. I wanted to thank Nancy at NancyCreative for giving me the award. Thanks to her and thanks to ALL you who are taking the time to read, comment and even try a recipe or two. I have really enjoyed sharing my hobby WITH you and I hope you have enjoyed it as well!
I now have the fun opportunity to pass on the award to 15 other bloggers. I have thought a bit about this, as I don’t want to give out this award willie-nillie. I want it to be special. Cause that is what an award is, it means a lot to the person who receives it! Some of these are blogs that I read more frequently then others, but ALL have been shared with me from some else ~ maybe it was a recipe I was told to try or a picture that I needed to look at or a cute story to read. Anywho, I wanted to thank these bloggers for taking the time to share. Enjoy your “award” and know it was given to you for a “job well done” and keep up the good work!!
To accept the Versatile Blogger Award, I need to SEVEN FACTS YOU MIGHT NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:
1. My least favorite food EVER it peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
2. I am becoming a sports fan…..not necessarily by choice, but SORTA enjoying it….not sure I have a choice BUT to like sports!
3. I enjoy a good storm, rain or snow.
4. I am trying to learn to play piano.
5. I love to watch the sky. It is so pretty and interesting and amazing.
6. I could listen to Christmas music ALL year….I said COULD. I don’t. But do so enjoy it and look forward to it every year!
7. Though I am thankful we do not HAVE to wear them, I would like to bustle around in those skirts that women used to wear, with the aprons ~ they had everyday dresses and then Sunday dresses. Ever since reading the “Little House on the Prairie” books when I way younger and the “Love Comes Softly” Books when I was older. Though I am thankful during these hot days for my shorter skirts and shorts!!
VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD rules:
- Copy The Versatile Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Tell 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
Here are my nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award: (I know, there is supposed to be 15…. please forgive me, I just really wanted to only do ones that I check in on occasionally and have enjoyed reading. There are many many great blogs out there, I just thought I would give some attention to my favorites.)
To each of these blogs: I am not sure what the true definition OF this “award” is, but I am taking it to mean that your blog IS and CAN be enjoyed by many ~ no matter of age, male or female, experienced cook or not, parent or not, story writer or story reader, etc. Thanks for your good work, it IS appreciated. Have a good day and CONGRATS!!
1. Kat’s Kitchen.
2. Cooking Up a Sale.
3. Amy’s Aliments.
4. Kim’s Recipe Book.
5. ABC Recipes.
6. Blue Skies and Butterflies.
7. Three Little Freckles.
8. Life As a Mom.
9. Eat 2 Gather.
10. Beth’s Favorite Recipes.
11. Girl + Food = Love.
12. Woody Farm: Homegrown Babies.
Again, thanks for the award Nancy and thanks all you fine friends for reading!!
NOW how about a recipe….I couldn’t NOT give you one! 🙂
We need to take advantage of this wonderful summer produce WHILE we have it, it will not be here forever and it will be missed! These “fries” are a fun way to eat your zucchini. I cook them long so that they get a nice crispy coating ~ it gives it a nice crunch. Dip it in your favorite dip or eat plain. I am sharing a dip I use on occasion for fries, any leftovers can be spread on sandwiches as well. I hope you enjoy this unique dish and enjoy your summer produce, whether it is from your garden, your friends garden, your parents garden, or the local farmstand!
1/3 c. seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
4 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise (I then cut just a bit thinner)
1 egg, beaten lightly
Combine the bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a large Ziplock bag. Put the egg in a bowl and add the zucchini, toss a bit till each piece is coated. Take each piece out and drop into bread crumb mixture. Shake the bag gently so that each piece is coated well. Place each zucchini stick on a greased baking sheet and bake @ 450* for 20-30 minutes till golden brown and tender. Serve with dippen’ sauce, if desired. Also good with Ranch dressing. Enjoy.
Recipe from Taste of Home.
1/4 c. mayo
1/4 c. sour cream
2 TB. ketchup
2 TB. relish
1 tsp. worchershire sauce
dash of seasoned salt
dash of garlic powder
Mix the above ingredients together. (Truth: I really don’t measure these ingredients, I just do a “dash” or a “scoop” SO you may do the same, adding more of one thing IF your taste buds need it.) Serve as a sandwich spread, on your burgers or as a dipper from fries or zucchini fries. Enjoy.