Aldi sales. Starting August 1 ~ August 7.
WAIT a minute, wasn’t I JUST telling you about the 4th of July sales?? What is happening to the summer! Hope you are enjoying it….and ignoring the “back to school” sales…oh. Kidding.
I am going to share a few recipes today with you THAT are made from ALL Aldi ingredients, which makes for easy shopping! LOVE those recipes!
* Peanut Butter is $2.29 a jar. This is one of those “staples” that I must ALWAYS have on hand! If you grab some corn syrup (maybe a bottle or two….it IS a seasonal item remember!!), white sugar, corn flakes and chocolate chips then you will have ALL the ingredients to make No Bake Cornflake Peanut Butter Cookies (recipe below).
* GRAPES!! YEAH! Red and Green!!! $0.89 per lb. 1st off ~calm down, sit down, and smile. What a lovely treat to have go on sale. Treat your family to this delicious Grape Salad (recipe below) ~ just be sure you have cream cheese, sour cream, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla….pecans too IF you so desire!
* Blueberries are $1.59 per pint. PERFECT time to make Blueberry Pie!
* Baby Carrots are $0.49 per1 lb. bag, if you like your veggies you might just enjoy this Carrot Salad as well.
* Bacon is $3.29 for a 1 lb. package. Here are a few salads that use bacon ~ Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, Spinach Tortellini Salad, Broccoli Salad and Warm Spinach Salad. (oppss….seems I like my bacon!)
* You can use the Hint of Lime tortilla chips ( $1.29 a bag) to dip into Pico de Gallo and Guacamole OR Fiesta Corn Chip Dip. I really like these chips….the salty sour thing is so good!
* SNYDER’S OF HANOVER PRETZEL SANDWICHES…….need I say more? My caps lock should get the point across. No recipe for them….just eat em’. $2.79 a bag.
* Lunch meat is at a special price at $3.29. Why not make some bagels to put you lunch meat on…..? (oh….my 1st post, I may be a bit sentimental about that one. I do make those often still……)
* If you like Greek yogurt, it is $1.19 for a 5.3 oz. container AND it would be good…I am sure with Granola.
* Heat – n – Serve breakfast patties or links ($0.99 each), would be good on Pizza Breakfast Casserole ~ just crumble on top and cook as directed. (I would probable 1st heat a bit in a skillet to get any extra grease out.) OR hey!! Check it out….grab some Canadian Bacon and put on top of your Pizza Breakfast Casserole, it is $2.49 for a 6 oz. package. Or use bacon…..
Every once in a while, more often than I care to admit, I forget my grocery list at home. I then go into scatter brain mode and really cannot remember what was on that list. I then go to my “aldi recipe file” that is tucked so neatly in my brain. Well, it didn’t get me too far…being that only one recipe came to mind ~ No Bake Cornflake Peanut Butter Cookies ~ well, and ham buns…….. SINCE I needed to “bake” I got the ingredients I needed for the cookies and a few more staples and got home. Happy to see I didn’t forget anything important. Maybe these delicious treats can become part of your memory recipe box….it may just help YOU too some day! This is a GREAT summer treat when you don’t want to be turning your oven on.
No Bake Cornflake Peanut Butter Cookies
1 c. sugar
1 c.corn syrup
1 c. peanut butter
6 c. corn flakes
1 c. chocolate chips
In a sauce pan, combine the sugar and corn syrup and heat till the sugar is melted, no need to boil. Take off heat and add peanut butter. Let cool on the counter for a bit, just till it is not SO hot, but still warm. Place the corn flakes in a bowl and pour the warm mixture over. Stir gently. Now, you may stir in 1 c. chocolate chips, this will melt a bit throughout. Drop a scoop onto wax paper and form into a ball. Chill a bit to set, then you can store on the counter in a covered container. Enjoy!!!
Recipe adapted from Hull PRC Cookbook.
A friend was asking me a while ago about Grape Salad, so I thought that I would share the recipe that I ALWAYS use. There is really nothing fancy to it. I sometimes just make the cream cheese mixture and dip apples or grapes into it as a snack, the kids really enjoy that too!
2 lb. green grapes
2 lb. red grapes
8 oz. softened cream cheese
3/4 c. sugar
1 c. sour cream
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. pecans (I never do this though…)
Beat together the cream cheese and sugar till smooth, add the sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Fold in the grapes and mixture in a bowl or a 9″ x 13″ pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans. Chill several hours. Serve and enjoy.
Recipe from my friend Becky, with my slight changes.
Hope everyone is having a GREAT summer. IF you have kids at home, enjoy the last couple weeks with them AT home before the CRAZINESS begins! Thanks, as always for reading and I would love to hear what you make, or like the looks of, or don’t like the looks of 🙂 and any questions you may have. THANKS!