How about some recipes that use Aldi sale ingredients?!!?!
Sale runs from May 23 – May 29.
* Fresh Express Tri-Color Cole Slaw. $1.29 a bag. If you buy that then you can make Chinese Salad.
* Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing Marinade & Sauce. $1.99 a bottle. Kirkwood Frozen Chicken Breast, a 48 oz. bag is $5.49. (Or Pilgrim’s Fresh Chicken breasts for $1.69 per lb.) I use both these in Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken.
* Want guacamole? Avocados are $0.49 each!
* Strawberries are $1. 19…..way not try Strawberry Lettuce Salad?
This in one of my very very very favorite salads. My kids sorta eat it, but I make up for it and it ALL the rest!!! Not minding one bit! I serve the dressing on the side so that the leftovers do not get soggy. A great summer salad….well, I like it all year round! (I just talked to my cousin who gave me this recipe and she said that there is supposed to be 1/2 c. of oil in it!! To think I have been making it without the oil and LOVIN’ it! I really liked the stronger flavor of this dressing (I have made salads like this WITH oil and liked, but made this one without oil and it was/is my fav!) and never knew about or missed the oil ~ SO go ahead and make it the “right” way with oil or “my” way without!)
* If putting together early in the day do not add the ramen noodles, almonds or sunflower seeds till just before serving.
* I use a 1/2 head of cabbage when the slaw mix is not on sale and that is what is shown in my picture….good both ways, just cut the cabbage small. (Ha, looks like I added some shredded carrot as well….I should learn to follow my recipes better OR have fun and add what you want!) (Oh yeah, I also used toasted peanuts cause I did not have almonds or sunflower seeds…what a versatile salad!!)
1 pkg. ramen noodles
1 lb. cabbage or broccoli slaw
3 green onions, sliced thinly
1 c. slivered almonds
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 bunch of cilantro
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. vinegar
ramen noodle seasoning pkg.
1/2 c. oil……. 🙂
Toast the almonds @ 350* for 10 minutes. Combing the crushed ramen noodles, slaw, green onions, almonds, sunflower seeds and cilantro. Toss in a large bowl and set aside. Combine the dressing ingredients in another container ~ I like to use a cleaned peanut butter jar and shake shake shake. Add the dressing just before serving so your salad does not get soggy! (PS. I never add the dressing to the whole salad when serving at home….I actually just like to pour it over like you would a bottled dressing for each individual serving. IF you are going to pour it over the WHOLE salad and then toss, like if you are going to a cookout or something… add at least some of the oil, it helps to coat everything a little better!) Enjoy! 🙂
Recipe from my cousin Amy.
Here is another versatile dinner! Make this batch of meat and you can use it for countless meals. Put in on buns, tortillas, salad, pizza or mix it with some cheese, melt it and make a chip dip out of it!
Slower Cooker Buffalo Chicken
2.5 – 3 lb. boneless skinless chicken
1 c. buffalo wing sauce
1 c. ranch dressing
Place the chicken in your crock pot and pour the wing sauce and dressing over top. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours. Remember the crock pots cook at different rate as well. Shred chicken and heat another 30 minutes. We like as “wraps” with cheddar cheese, additional ranch dressing and shredded lettuce. Enjoy!